Manager of Production and Facilitation (Full time, 38th Street)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is seeking a Manager of Production and Facilitation to join our team. Supervising the staff of the Production and Facilitation Department to ensure the efficient flow of producer facilitation, production, and the enforcement of the Production Guidelines and Policies. Work closely with MNN’s Managing Director of Access Services to shape the overall experience of MNN’s community members beginning with the introduction of MNN’s services at orientation to creation of networking, and informative events that foster community media engagement.
- Proper supervision of the safe and effective utilization of MNN’s facilities and equipment, including studios, edit stations, and field equipment in accordance with MNN policies including Production Policies and MNN Code of Conduct guidelines
- Schedule and supervise the Production and Facilitation staff
- Coordinate interface of MNN with producers
- Oversee producer facilitation with field equipment, edit stations and studio facilities.
- Production manage in-house studio and special location shoots as necessary
- Within the framework of Board-approved capital budget and planning, recommend purchase of equipment, secure bids, and negotiate price and purchasing of equipment
- Supervise the enforcement of production policies and guidelines
- Coordinate with other departments to insure efficient flow of outreach, facilitation and production
- Maintain timely records of production usage, equipment/studio maintenance and producer issues
- Oversee the usage and inventory of equipment
- Provide technical and production support to rental users of facilities
- Schedule staff coverage of daily studio, edit and operations
- Communicate with community members to address their concerns and enforce Production Guidelines and policies
- Supervise facilitation of facilities and equipment
- Facilitate producer productions as needed
- Develop staff procedures for department
- With Managing Director and other appropriate staff develop and implement new policies and guidelines
- Maintain records of equipment breakage and inventory
- Troubleshoot issues related to malfunctioning studios and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years progressive management experience, including staff supervision, administration, managing budgets and team building, preferably in the field of media production
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public
- Proficiency in editing, studio and field equipment
- Experience with computer programs
- Experience with media production
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- At minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Communications, Media or Video Production
Benefits & Compensation
Salary range: $76,704 - $85,000 depending on experience
Comprehensive benefits package
We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Established in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement.
We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run community cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture, MNN HD, NYXT and MNN-FSTV), reaching some 500,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
CME offers low-cost training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to independent media makers.
Our vision is to empower local voices and diverse views.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Esta semana en MNN continuamos nuestra celebración del Mes de la Herencia Hispana
This Week on MNN we continue our celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month
This Week on MNN we talk about Alzheimer's
Esta Semana en MNN reconocemos el Mes de la Herencia Hispana
This Week on MNN We Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
Learn all about b-roll and how you can find it, shoot it, and use it to add depth and interest to both scripted and documentary video projects.