Mission, Vision and Values
Established in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement.
Empowering local voices and diverse views.
At MNN, we value:
- Access - providing community members with access to the media education, production and distribution resources available at MNN.
- Collaboration - working with community producers, nonprofits, and other independent media organizations to bring original stories and perspectives to local and global audiences.
- Community - participating as an organic part of the community we serve and supporting the work of local nonprofits, civic groups, and independent content creators.
- Empowerment - building the media knowledge and skills of MNN's constituents– particularly those whose voices are underrepresented in the media – to allow them to be heard in the public sphere.
- Freedom of Expression - the right of all people to freely express their opinions, views, and ideas in an equitable, respectful and safe environment.
- Diversity & Inclusion - celebrating differences, and respecting and serving people of all backgrounds and personal identities.
- Quality Programming - authentic voices and quality programming that expresses the lived experiences, unique perspectives and interests of each person.
- Sustainability - Ensuring sustainable practices in all programs and services so that future generations will benefit from having access to high-quality media education, production and distribution services and facilities.
Check out our list of 5 essential shortcuts for After Effects that'll almost make you want to ditch your mouse for good.
Join us This Week on MNN as we celebrate American Artist Appreciation Month.
This Week on MNN we celebrate National Book Lovers Day!
This Week on MNN we explore Summer in the City.