Creating a Mini-Documentary
Duration: 12 sessions | 36 total hours
Have a fascinating subject with a story to tell? This hands-on production bootcamp will take you through the process of developing, writing and producing a short 3-7 minute documentary film. Students will learn the art of storytelling, advanced composition techniques and strategies for capturing high-quality audio in the field.
We recommend students register for this bootcamp with an available subject for their short documentary. There will be required out-of-class assignments and activities to successfully complete this course. Students will have access to MNN equipment to complete their short documentary but may also utilize their personal equipment.
Upon successful completion of the bootcamp, students will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to join the Manhattan Mediamaker’s Collective. Projects completed during this course may air on MNN’s channels, social and digital platforms at MNN’s discretion.
- Live guided instruction from a media professional
- Digital handouts and activity materials
- Access to production equipment
- One-on-one out of class support from MNN staff
Important Note: There are no refunds for media education bootcamps. If you register and fail to meet the necessary requirements, you will not receive a refund. If you have questions about this program, please contact the Media Education department.
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with video editing platforms such as Adobe Premiere or DaVinci Resolve
- Students must supply their own headphones, SD cards and hard drive
- Students will be required to complete out-of-class work and attend additional lab sessions following the completion of the course