Mayor Bill de Blasio announced yesterday that all New York City residents can now get free meals. Starting, Friday, April 3, 2020 three free meals will be available daily for ALL New Yorkers in more than 400 Meal Hubs across the 5 boroughs. he New York City Department of Education is committed to making three free meals available daily. Any New Yorker who wants one can get the grab and go meals at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city. No ID required.
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up three meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
Use our Meal Hub lookup tool to find a location near you!
To find a location near you visit http://schools.nyc.gov/freemeals or text "NYC FOOD" to 877-877