The MNN El Barrio Firehouse staff consists of a ten-person team working in a collaborative, high energy, and organized environment. MNN is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the organization’s executive leadership with administrative and office services. This includes support around daily activities, handling information requests, conducting research and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, filing, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings as well as working with MNN departments to facilitate the efficient operations of the organization.
General Office Administration
- Provides administrative support to the Director; organizes and maintains electronic and paper files
- Assists Director with scheduling, maintains and updates office calendar and database to coordinate workflow, meetings, events, and productions
- Handles preparations for meetings, including logistics, food supplies, and documents
- Prepares reports, memos, sum-up documents, and meeting minutes
- Assists with financial monitoring and reporting
- Oversees purchase orders, invoices, and vendor payments.
- Assists Director with events planning and serves as liaison with vendors.
- Answers and screens the Director's telephone calls and responds to requests and other inquiries.
- Maintains calendar of events and activities scheduled at Firehouse; advises staff on related logistics including set up, cleaning, catering, and technical needs
- Schedules needed repairs and facility improvements; acts as liaisons with vendors and supervises staff
- Oversees the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies. Supervises the implementation of new office systems
- Arranges for health and safety equipment to be tested on a regular basis
- Supervise Reception staff and Facility Coordinator
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of three years’ experience with administrative office management
- At least one year experience in events planning and coordination
- Demonstrated computer skills including knowledge of the latest versions of Microsoft
- Office, including mail merges and publishing in Word; and basic spreadsheets in Excel
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Capacity to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Strong writing, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and presentation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Salary range: $47,000 - $55,000 (Depending on experience)
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Subject line must indicate Administrative Assistant.
Due to the volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond individually to each candidate.
We will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No Phone Calls, Please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
This Week on MNN we Recognize World AIDS Day
This Week on MNN Celebrates Thanksgiving
This Week on MNN we Celebrate Veterans Day
This Week on MNN it’s Election Season