Mission, Vision and Values
Established in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement.
Empowering local voices and diverse views.
At MNN, we value:
- Access - providing community members with access to the media education, production and distribution resources available at MNN.
- Collaboration - working with community producers, nonprofits, and other independent media organizations to bring original stories and perspectives to local and global audiences.
- Community - participating as an organic part of the community we serve and supporting the work of local nonprofits, civic groups, and independent content creators.
- Empowerment - building the media knowledge and skills of MNN's constituents– particularly those whose voices are underrepresented in the media – to allow them to be heard in the public sphere.
- Freedom of Expression - the right of all people to freely express their opinions, views, and ideas in an equitable, respectful and safe environment.
- Diversity & Inclusion - celebrating differences, and respecting and serving people of all backgrounds and personal identities.
- Quality Programming - authentic voices and quality programming that expresses the lived experiences, unique perspectives and interests of each person.
- Sustainability - Ensuring sustainable practices in all programs and services so that future generations will benefit from having access to high-quality media education, production and distribution services and facilities.
The quality of our audio can significantly affect a viewer's experience of the video. It's understandable how creating quality audio can be neglected when we're focused on the visual. But the quality of our visual work can get lost when the audio isn't handled effectively.
This Week on MNN commemorates the anniversary of the September 11 attacks on our country.
This Week on MNN we celebrate Caribbean culture.
So, you've been thinking about developing your own podcast and you've selected the Rodecaster Pro to be one of the tools you're using to produce it. Like any creative endeavor it's important to remember that the tools help us to hone our vision, but they can't make the podcast sound great on their...