Receptionist, MNN El Barrio Firehouse Media Center
The MNN El Barrio Firehouse Community Media Center staff consists of a 14-person team working in a collaborative, high energy, and organized environment. MNN is seeking a Receptionist to join the team. The Receptionist is the first contact with the public and plays an important role in developing relationships with neighborhood residents and the general public. The Receptionist reports to the Administrative Manager.
- Greet and log in visitors into the facility.
- Announce and direct visitors and producers to appropriate departments.
- Handle incoming phone calls and transfer calls to appropriate extension.
- Respond to wide ranging inquiries from the public, i.e., in-person, phone and email.
- Prepare outgoing mailings, postage, photocopying, faxing, data entry, and word processing.
- Receive, send and/or track mail and courier activities and sort for staff.
- Inventory, order, and maintain office supplies as needed.
- Make entries and maintain contact information in database on ongoing basis.
- Oversee general appearance of lobby area; keep organized and current with information about neighborhood services and events.
- Prepare and assist with relevant documentation for MNN El Barrio Firehouse's Education and Production services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Two years college or equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience in operating professional office systems, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
- Proficiency in Google Docs programs, social media and general database entry.
- Experience with data entry processes and procedures.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
Other Job Requirements:
- Experience in working with the public. Energetic and friendly orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle clerical duties while attending to phones and visitors.
- Good judgment and discretion to represent MNN in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.