Professional Media Instructor (Part-Time)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) seeks experienced and certified media instructors to teach different aspects of media production at our 59th street and East Harlem facilities. Courses include Video Editing (Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve), narrative & documentary production, motion and digital graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite &/or Blackmagic’s DaVinci Resolve) and podcast development and production.
Media Instructors report to MNN’s Manager of Media Education.
- Prepare class materials, follow detailed lesson plans and provide instruction to classes of six to twelve adults,
- Meet regularly with the Manager of Media Education to review curriculum and submit feedback regarding class outcomes
- Expertise in field narrative and documentary production with digital video cameras (Sony & Canon preferred)
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud and Davinci Resolve; Adobe and DaVinci certified instructors preferred
- Experience teaching in-studio video production and post-production
- Experience working with a diverse public with varying levels of technical skill
- Experience developing, producing or editing podcasts
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Must have access to professional editing workstation, microphone and high-speed internet
- Must have experience navigating learning management systems such as Moodle or Blackboard
- Flexible schedule (mornings, evenings, weekends)
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Compensation & Schedule
Hourly rates based upon experience. Part Time Media Instructors are paid hourly for class meetings and preparation time. Classes are offered in the morning, afternoons, evenings and weekends. The duration of a single class session is two-three hours with a multi-session course ranging between 6 and 24 total hours.
How To Apply
Rolling application process. Submit resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write “Pro Media Instructor.”
In your cover letter, please specify which of our courses you would like to be considered for along with a link to a video reel of recent work.
You are not required to meet all of the above specifications but those with a background in multiple disciplines may be prioritized. We will only consider complete applications. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Established in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement.
We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run community cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture, MNN HD, NYXT and MNN-FSTV), reaching some 500,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers low-cost training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to independent media makers.
Our vision is to empower local voices and diverse views.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.