Production Coordinator (Part-Time)
MNN’s Production & Facilitation Department seeks a Part-Time Production Coordinator to join the MNN team that provides training and assistance to Manhattan residents using MNN video production equipment and preparing programs for cablecast. This is a unique opportunity to join the growing community media movement and to help empower individuals and communities through access to media, including new digital technologies. The position reports to the Manager of Production & Facilitation.
Based out of MNN’s midtown studios, the MNN Production & Facilitation Department staff is a team that works collaboratively in a high-energy, and deadline-driven environment. The right candidate for this job will bring both knowledge of media production and exemplary customer services skills to the team.
- Provide technical/creative consultation to producers and members of the public.
- Facilitate studio productions: check in/out producers, prepare equipment, troubleshoot technical and user problems.
- Facilitate field equipment use: check in/out, prepare packages for producers, inspect and keep track of equipment for field use.
- Facilitate editing station use: check producers in/out and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Assist in studio production and editing as needed.
- Make reservations for use of equipment and facilities with public via phone, email and in person, using MNN’s database system.
- Assist with digital file submission for programming as needed.
- Assist in the creation of both community and in-house projects and productions as needed.
- Support MNN's media education initiative by prepping equipment and facilities for scheduled media classes.
- Lead special workshops for community producers that further understanding of equipment and production concepts.
- Create and update producer records.
- Check and update producer certifications.
- Ensure compliance with and implementation of MNN policies, rules and regulations.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries and assist with program applications.
- General upkeep, maintenance, cleanliness of edit stations, field equipment, studios and other production facilities.
- Perform other duties as directed
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in media, video, communications or journalism or equivalent experience.
- Two years + experience working in media field.
- Strong studio production, field and post-production skills and related working experience.
- Strong new media technology skills and related experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and conflict resolution knowledge.
- Second language very helpful.
Other Job Requirements
- Strong interest in community media.
- Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Position may require evening and weekend work hours.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run seven cablecast channels, reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free and low cost training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
MNN's vision is to empower local views and diverse voices.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.