Producer, MNN Productions
Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York City’s largest community media organization, is seeking a dynamic and creative media maker/content creator to expand public affairs programming on MNN’s cable television channels and digital media platforms. The media created will illuminate impactful issues for the residents of one of the greatest cities in the world.
- Pitch and develop program and story ideas for quick-turnaround media packages to be used for studio programs, social platforms and stand-alone pieces
- Produce both long and short form studio and field content
- Write teleprompter copy, develop rundowns, gather and edit video for studio productions as necessary
- Book and schedule guests for media content initiatives
- Shoot and edit segments using Adobe post production applications
- Coordinate shoots and edits with staff and part-time producers/editors
- Edit and write scripts and related program copy for MNN’s digital platforms and social posts
- Upload media to MNN servers for play-out on MNN’s distribution platforms
- Organize field shoots as necessary using field cameras and produce stories from home and the office using remote interviews and material
- Write headlines for social and SEO considerations
- Work closely with EP, producers, guests, hosts, and promo team
- Staying on top of key local news and public affairs issues
Reporting to MNN’s Manager of MNN Productions, the ideal candidate will have a BA/BS in Communications, Television, or Broadcast Journalism; have created an exemplary body of work that illustrates a thorough knowledge of Manhattan and the people and issues that make our borough exceptional; demonstrated expertise in social media, social media content creation and copywriting; a minimum of four years of media production experience that incorporates both shooting and editing skill sets; excellent editorial judgement; the ability to manage both pre-production and post-production activities; possess exceptional interpersonal skills, and demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Rolling application process. Send resume, cover letter and a link to a reel of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What qualities do you possess that would make you successful in this position?
We will review applications until the position is filled.
Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.