**PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER ALL MNN FACILITIES**
MNN cares about your health and the health of our community.
MNN will continue to do everything possible to ensure that you, our staff, students, community producers, visitors, and the communities where we serve are safe and protected against COVID-19.
At ALL MNN facilities, we require:
- Proof of vaccination plus photo ID
- A photo or hard copy of the CDC Vaccination Card showing proof of at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for use by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO), or a photo or hard copy of an official vaccination record of a vaccine administered outside the United States for one of the following vaccines: AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India/COVISHIELD and Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.
- NYC Vaccination Record
- NYC COVID Safe App
- Excelsior Pass
- Temperature checks
- Masks in all public areas
- Social distancing of 6 feet wherever possible
- Frequent hand washing
In order to keep our community safe, we ask that you review and honestly answer these questions. If you answer “yes” to any of them, please do not visit MNN at this time.
- In the past 14 days, have you experienced any new or unexplained symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
- In the past 14 days, have you received a positive COVID-19 test (NOT the antibody test)?
- In the past 14 days, have you been in close prolonged contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or developed symptoms?
The COVID-19 crisis is an ever-evolving situation and these policies are subject to change at any time. MNN will be sure to provide updates if and when circumstances warrant.
Please let us know if you need to discuss a reasonable accommodation or medical or religious exemption.
For questions, please email email@example.com
Our full COVID-19 Policies can be found here.
General Procedures (as of October 12 2021):
MNN El Barrio Firehouse Community Media Center:
- General Hours:
- Mon.-Fri. 1 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat. 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Available Facilities:
- Eligible producers can reserve the George Stoney Studio, the Emiliano Zapata Studio or edit stations at one of the following times (Reserve Online):
- Mon.-Fri. 1:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Mon.-Fri. 4:30 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Sat. 11:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Sat. 2:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- A maximum of six people can edit in the James Baldwin room.
- The Burgos Mini studio on the 2nd floor and the small eating area on the first floor are not available at this time.
- Reservations must be made online.
- Studio reservations must be made four days in advance of your shoot.
- A production plan/questionnaire must be submitted to the Production and Facilitation department for review no later than 48 hours before the reservation is scheduled to begin. Please follow the relevant link to fill out the Firehouse Studio Production Plan or Emiliano Zapata Studio. Failure to submit this document may result in the cancellation of studio reservations.
- At the El Barrio Firehouse George Stoney Studio, there can be up to three talent socially-distanced on camera without masks. Producers must obtain their own crew to operate the Stoney Studio and control room for their productions. Up to two people can take studio crew positions and up to three people can operate the control room.
- At the Emiliano Zapata Studio at the Firehouse, there can be up to two talent on camera without masks. One person can operate the control board.
- No studio audiences are permitted at any MNN studio.
On-Site Media Upload (Reserve via Email)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an upload slot.
- Please indicate your preferred reservation location, date and time (see below)
- Upload Station reservations must be made 24 hours in advance and your reservation must be confirmed by MNN staff prior to your visit to MNN.
- Available locations & times:
- El Barrio Firehouse:
- 1:00 p.m.-1:45 p.m.
- 2:00 p.m.-2:45 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m.-5:15 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m.-6:45 p.m.
- 11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m.-12:45 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.-3:15 p.m.
- 4:00 p.m.-4:45 p.m.
Field Equipment Checkout (Reserve Online or by Phone: 212-757-2670)
- All reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Reserve online
- Reserve by phone, El Barrio Firehouse, call 212-757-2670 ext. 200
- Tues.-Fri. 1:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Sat. 11 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Firehouse Equipment Pickups:
- Tuesdays, Fridays 1:00 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
- Firehouse Equipment Returns:
- Firehouse equipment picked up on Tuesday will be required to be returned on Friday. Equipment picked up on Friday will be required to be returned on Tuesday.
If a producer or guest tests positive after having been at MNN, please notify MNN at email@example.com.
Cleaning and Disinfection Procedures
MNN facilities will be closed to the public between reservation shifts from 3:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. and on Saturdays at the Firehouse from 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m. At this time, and once again after producers have left after the last reservation shift of the day, MNN staff will take steps to clean and disinfect MNN equipment and facilities. MNN’s cleaning and disinfecting procedures follow CDC guidelines that can be found here.
All MNN field equipment will be sanitized and then quarantined in a safe room for a minimum of 72 hours before a reservation begins.
All field checkout procedures will be guided by the Center For Disease Control science brief SARS-CoV-2 and Surface (Fomite) Transmission for Indoor Community Environments, (PDF) dated April 5, 2021.