Media Instructor, Bi-lingual/Spanish (Part- time)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) seeks experienced bi-lingual media instructors to teach Spanish language media production courses at our 59th Street and East Harlem facilities. Courses involve Adobe Premiere CC and iMovie video editing, field production (camera operation, shot composition, lighting and sound), studio production and graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite).
Media Instructors report to MNN’s Manager of Media Education.
- Prepare class materials, follow detailed lesson plans and provide instruction to classes of ten to twelve adults
- Evaluate students’ progress and verify competence for certification to use our media center facilities and equipment
- Meet regularly with Manager of Media Education to review curriculum and class outcomes
- Conduct student evaluations
- Expertise in field and documentary production with digital video cameras (Sony and Canon preferred) and iPads for video production
- Expertise in non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere CC and iMovie
- Experience teaching in-studio video production and post-production
- Experience working with a diverse public with varying levels of technical skill
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexible schedule (mornings, evenings, weekends)
- Adobe Certified Instructor certification a plus
- Bilingual Spanish/English required
Compensation & Schedule
Hourly rates based upon experience. Part-time media instructors are paid hourly for class sessions and preparation time. Classes are offered in the morning, evenings and on weekends. The duration of a single class session is two-three hours with an entire course ranging between 12 and 24 total hours.
Submit resume and brief cover letter to Teachers@mnn.org. In the subject line, please write “Bi-Lingual Media Instructor.”
In your cover letter, please specify which of our courses you would like to be considered for.
We will only consider complete applications. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run seven cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture, HD, MNN-FSTV and NYXT), reaching some 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers low-cost training in video production, editing and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.