MNN's Media Education Department is looking for interns with a passion for education and community access television. Interns will provide support to existing and prospective community producers during orientations, classes and labs. MNN's Media Education program is the largest in New York City and posts over 4,500 enrollments annually. Our offerings consist of certification classes in Studio Production, Field Video Production, Mobile Video Production and Basic Video Editing. There are also advanced classes, workshops, labs and special events designed to enhance our community's production knowledge and skills.
Media Education interns will work with the Media Education Coordinator to:
- Provide educational support to community producers during editing and studio labs.
- Record, interview and edit student experiences during and after classes.
- Assist with preparing class materials.
- Assist with monthly Orientations.
- Develop ideas for studio lab activities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications & skills:
- College student enrolled in an education or media production program.
- Passion for media education, community access television production.
- Basic editing knowledge, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- An interest in field and studio production.
Commitment: Interns will work out a specific schedule with their supervisor, for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Compensation: Interns will receive a stipend, the amount of which will depend upon their schedule at MNN.