Media Education Coordinator
The Media Education Coordinator assists with all aspects of MNN’s professional education program, including planning, teaching classes, scheduling, and assisting students and instructors in their use of MNN’s 59th Street Media Education Center. This position reports to the Manager of Media Education. The position includes evening and weekend hours.
- Assist the Manager of Education in developing curriculum and creating course materials for professional media classes
- Teach a wide variety of media education bootcamps, courses and workshops on site and for our online learning program
- Prepare course material for professional media education courses
- Registration, placement and tracking of community members into MNN media education classes
- Assist in the assessment of education programs
- Maintain and manage all professional education-related equipment
- Provide technical and creative consultation to students and community producers
- Manage and support part time media education staff and instructors
- Responsible for updating and evaluating media education resources for instructors and students
- Facilitate MNN Info Sessions
- Support other education initiatives, as needed
- Assist in the production of short promotional videos and video tutorials related to MNN’s education program
- Assist in oversight of student interns
- Keeping participant attendance updated on the MNN database
- Assist in curating, planning and executing professional education related workshops, panels and events
- Other duties as assigned
Other Job Requirements:
- Strong interest in independent media production and education
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in media, video, communications, journalism or equivalent experience
- 3 + years experience in media field
- Minimum 2 years teaching and curriculum development experience
- Demonstrated skills in a variety of media production roles
- Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology skills.
- Certifications in Adobe Creative Suite and DaVinci Resolve preferred
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledgeable in Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, etc.)
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Benefits & Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Salary commensurate with experience
How To Apply:
Submit resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. In the subject line, please write Media Education Coordinator. In your cover letter, please include links to a video reel and/or curriculum samples.
We will review applications until the position is filled. Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please.
Established in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network is a media learning, production, and distribution hub that promotes creative expression, independent voices and community engagement.
We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run community cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture, MNN HD, NYXT and MNN-FSTV), reaching some 500,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers low-cost training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to independent media makers.
Our vision is to empower local voices and diverse views.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.