Manager of Production and Facilitation (Full time, 59th Street)
Supervising the staff of the Production and Facilitation Department to ensure the efficient flow of producer facilitation, production, and the enforcement of the Production Guidelines and Policies. Will report to the Managing Director of Access Services.
- Proper supervision of the safe and effective utilization of MNN facilities and equipment, including studios, edit stations, and field equipment in accordance with MNN policies including Production Policies and MNN Code of Conduct guidelines
- Schedule and supervise the Production and Facilitation staff
- Coordinate interface of MNN with producers
- Review education curricula with Manager of Education to determine best practices
- Oversee producer facilitation with field equipment, edit stations and studio facilities
- Production manage in-house studio and special location shoots as necessary
- Within the framework of Board-approved capital budget and planning, recommend purchase of equipment, secure bids, and negotiate price and purchasing of equipment
- Supervise the enforcement of production policies and guidelines
- Coordinate with other departments to insure efficient flow of outreach, facilitation and production
- Maintain timely records of production usage, equipment/studio maintenance and producer issues
- Oversee the usage and inventory of equipment
- Schedule staff coverage of daily studio, edit and field services and operation
- Schedule staff to crew in-house studio and special location shoots
- Coordinate with Engineering on equipment, maintenance and support
- Coordinate with IT on issues related to Production and Facilitation support
- Communicate with Producers to address their concerns and enforce Production Guidelines and policies
- Supervise facilitation
- Facilitate producer productions as needed
- Develop staff procedures for department
- With Managing Director and other appropriate staff develop and implement new policies and guidelines
- Maintain records of equipment breakage and inventory
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years progressive management experience, including staff supervision, administration, managing budgets and team building, preferably in the field of media production
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse public
- Proficiency in editing, studio and field equipment
- Experience with computer programs
- Experience with media production
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- At minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Communications, Media or Video Production
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan's free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run seven cablecast channels, reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.