MNN is seeking an Executive Assistant, reporting directly to the President & CEO, to provide executive support. This includes support around daily activities, handling information requests, conducting research and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, filing, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings as well as working with MNN departments to facilitate the efficient operations of the organization. The Executive Assistant plays an important role on all matters pertaining to the Office of the CEO and serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management team. The Executive Assistant also organizes and coordinates executive outreach and oversees special projects. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Overall Responsibilities include:
- Manages key office and organizational documentation
- Keeps CEO and office calendar to coordinate work flow, meetings and events
- Coordinates Board and committee meetings scheduling, communication, and logistics
- Prepare meeting minutes and agendas of staff, board, and senior staff meetings
- Answer and screen CEO’s telephone calls and respond to requests
- Prepares reports, memos, letters and other correspondence
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations by collecting and analyzing database information
- Coordinates executive communications, including taking calls, responding to mail and general emails and interfacing with clients
- Schedules meetings and appointments and manage travel itineraries
- Manages event and meeting logistics, including planning and communications for participants, vendors
- Maintains an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Upholds a strict level of confidentiality
- Develops and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other duties as required
Board Support and Liaison
- Serves as CEO’s administrative liaison to MNN’s Board of Directors
- Assists Board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members
- Adheres to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work tenure: three to ten years of experience in Executive Administration, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), mail merges, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms and sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and familiarity with databases and/or website content management systems
- Data set organizational skills
Other Job Requirements:
- Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to schedule multiple meetings with high profile people
- Capacity to work as part of a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials and communications
- Maintain and refine shared scheduling tracking systems
- Comfortable using online tools to post organization gatherings
- Extreme attention to detail
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 537 West 59th Street, New York, New York 10019. Subject line must indicate Executive Assistant. Due to the volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond individually to each candidate. We will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No Phone Calls, Please.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run five cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture, and MNNHD), reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.