Thursday, May 3, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 8, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, May 17, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, May 24, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Tuesday, June 5, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Thursday, June 7, 2018 - 4:30pm to 6:30pm
Basic Television Studio Production will cover various aspects of both the technical and creative side of television studio production to aid in developing original programming with high production values for MNN’s Youth Channel. Participants will gain operational knowledge of the control room, studio equipment and software including, but not limited to, robotic and manual cameras, switchers, audio boards, microphones, teleprompter and more.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be certified in Basic Television Studio Production and will able to reserve any of MNN’s studios to create their MNN program or continue to work with MNN’s Youth Channel if they choose to.
All participants for this class are required to attend an orientation on Saturday, April 28th @2pm.
Class Cycle: 6 Weeks
Ages: 14 - 24
Meets: 4 hours per week (Tuesdays & Thursdays from 4:30PM - 6:30PM)
Certification: Basic Television Studio Production
· Students will gain an understanding of the processes, teamwork and storytelling basics.
· Students will learn camera operation and composition.
· Students will learn proper field audio production and how to use various microphone types.
· Students will learn basics of editing using Adobe Premier.
· Be on time and ready to work and learn. Communicate with your instructor if an unexpected absence or lateness occurs.
· Sign in and out of the building every day, this is your instructor’s record of your attendance.
· Avoid cell phone use during trainings, it interferes with the instructor and dialogues among the group.
· Attendance to all sessions is mandatory in order to obtain certification. You will be required to attend a lab session if you miss two classes or are excessively tardy. If you miss more than two sessions, you will not obtain certification and will be required to retake the course.
· Disrespectful, offensive or abusive language is not permitted.
· Respect your peers’ and staff members’ space, preferred gender pronouns and time
· Maintain a clean and harmonious community space. Keep your commitment to the community agreements.
· This course is heavily team-based; please respect all fellow students.