Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run five cablecast channels reaching over 600,000 cable subscribers in the borough. MNN offers low-cost training in video production, editing and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
MNN is seeking a motivated and digitally savvy individual with passion for digital and social media and media creation as well as with an interest in current events. Applicants must value the importance of free speech and be interesting in helping MNN share what we do with the world and engaging others online with MNN's diverse and dynamic content.
The Digital Media Intern will primarily work with digital media to help to shape the Manhattan Neighborhood Network YouTube page and presence. The intern will work directly with the Social Media Coordinator to catalog, market and cultivate digital videos that will be used for social media, on MNN.org and for various other promotional purposes.
Digital Media interns will work with the Social Media Coordinator to:
- Increase usability, accessibility and make contributions towards the aesthetic/layout of MNN's YouTube presence.
- Assist in adding descriptions and titles to videos on our constantly growing page.
- Help develop and compile a database of online media including titles and descriptions of videos on our YouTube page.
- Other projects to be determined.
Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications & skills:
- Familiarity with YouTube is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and calmly under deadlines.
Candidates fluent in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position will be located at our 59th Street location.
Commitment: Interns will work out a specific schedule with their supervisor, for a minimum of 20 hours per week and a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Compensation: Interns will receive a stipend, the amount of which will depend upon their schedule at MNN.