Digital Marketing Coordinator
Manhattan Neighborhood Network, New York City's largest community media organization, is seeking a dynamic and experienced digital marketer to lead, develop and coordinate MNN's core digital education marketing services. MNN's on-site and on-line media classes serve more than 2,000 students annually and aim to teach independent media makers and members of community-based organizations how to make, package and distribute media on multiple platforms.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator oversees the digital marketing and promotional content strategy for MNN’s media education programs. This position reports to MNN's Director of Media Education. This position is for 20 hours per week, is temporarily remote and may include some evening and weekend work hours.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop and grow a social media presence for media education programs
- Develop original and curated content for social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Develop social media calendar and maintain social post schedule
- Interact with online followers to initiate authentic conversation and voice while maintaining a brand image across all platforms
- Develop original media-based content for media education curriculum
- Write regular social media blogs maintaining a uniform brand identity and voice
- Write, shoot and produce promotional videos for distribution to television, social and MNN’s digital platforms
- Write bi-monthly newsletters for media education initiative
- Prepare monthly reports to analyze digital reach
- Support, document and edit media education special events
- Support media education staff, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Other Job Requirements:
- Strong interest in community media and education
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Video production and editing skills
- Proven social media campaign success, including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of Google analytics and SEO optimization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent problem-solving skills, capacity to troubleshoot, and make recommendations
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public
- Position may require evening and weekend work hours
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field
- 3+ years in a marketing or digital promotions role
- Experience leading successful digital marketing campaigns
- Experience managing Facebook business and Ad Manager
- Demonstrated knowledge of new media technology and media production
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects)
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledgeable in Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Sites, etc.)
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Benefits & Compensation:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Salary commensurate with experience
Rolling application process. Send link to resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please include successful digital marketing campaigns and links to your video reel. Submissions without a reel will not be considered.
We will review applications until the position is filled. No phone call, please.
Due to volume, we may not be able to respond individually to each applicant.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.