The constitutionally-mandated census, conducted every 10 years, faces an early deadline thanks to a last-minute shift by President Trump’s administration.
The 2020 Census is set to end on October 31st.
Of course New York City needs a full count and NY officials have sounded alarms about low self-response rates so far for the Census. New York state's self-response rate is 63.1 percent, the seventh-lowest of any state.
It is absolutely essential --for fair representation in government, equitable public funding, and much more-- that all New Yorkers participate in the Census.
Go to my2020census.gov or call 844-330-2020 to complete your Census today -- it's fast and confidential.
Census workers are in the field, following up with New Yorkers who still have not responded.
- t's quick and easy. The 2020 Census questionnaire will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- It's safe, secure, and confidential. Your information and privacy are protected.
- Your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads, and other public services.
- Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
- What is the 2020 Census? The goal of the census is to count every person living in the United States, once, only once and in the right place. Article I, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution mandates that this population and housing count occur every 10 years. Census data guide how more than $675 billion of federal funding is distributed to states and communities each year.
- Am I required to respond to the 2020 Census? Yes, you are required by law to respond to the 2020 Census (Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141 and 193). We are conducting the 2020 Census under the authority of Title 13, U.S. Code, Sections 141, 193 and 221. This collection of information has been approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). The eight-digit OMB approval number is 0607-1006. If this number were not displayed, we could not conduct the census.
- Who should complete the 2020 Census questionnaire? This 2020 Census questionnaire should be completed by the person who owns or rents the living quarters or any other person who is at least 15 years of age with knowledge of the household.