Master Control Operator
MNN is seeking a Master Control Operator to monitor the on-air signal and maintain continuity for multiple program Channels/ Streams and ingest content. This person will be responsible for continuity and quality control for cable distribution. Position reports to the Manager of Broadcast Operations.
- Monitor on-air feed
- Manage and coordinate schedule manipulation in a live control room environment
- Operate live control room positions for live shows
- Monitor departmental workflow to ensure all issues and events are handled in a timely manner and within departmental/organizational guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards
- Escalate outage events and/or impairments to Manager of Broadcast Operations
- Effectively communicate essential information at shift change to incoming Master Control Operator
It is expected that the Master Control Operator will maintain and increase knowledge in the Master Control/Broadcast Operations discipline as well as the business on an ongoing basis.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or technical school or equivalent required. Communications major highly preferred
- A minimum of 2–5 years experience or related business experience
- Knowledge of automation systems, master control switcher, router and Drupal Database traffic systems preferred
- Familiar with ingest and Transcoding procedures preferably Omneon and Flip Factory operation
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at remote locations including the various satellite sites that deal with our organization
Other Job Requirements
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be extremely organized, demonstrate initiative and ability to complete multiple assignments in a timely manner
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, holidays, and weekends
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Application deadline is February 28, 2018. Send resume and cover letter to Resumes59@mnn.org.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.