Associate Producer Public Affairs (Full time, 59th St.)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is seeking an experienced dynamic, creative and enthusiastic Associate Producer. The Associate Producer will assist in all aspects of production for the Public Affairs department of MNN Productions.
- Works with the public affairs producer to deliver original content on a weekly basis
- Assisting the producer with aspects of pre production, production and post production
- Work with public affairs producer to book guests, perform pre-show interview, and prepare background research
- Pitch story ideas to MNN’s Public Affairs programming
- Determine and acquire video for shows
- Works with producer and editor to generate show submission forms
- Expedites Post production & Content Management
- Facilitate the creation of multimedia promotional content for the website and social media platforms (Youtube.com and MNN.org)
- Straight cut video and work with editor when needed
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications
- Must have at least 5 years editorial production experience
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in live television (i.e. morning shows, cable shows, broadcast TV, etc.)
- Ability to "book" guests, and produce with graphics and video elements Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
- Must have strong knowledge of current events, Local and U.S. politics and news.
- Experience editing in Adobe Final Cut Premiere and Adobe Creative Suites
- Strong interest in and proficiency in social media
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Docs and Photoshop.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Back-up studio/control room producer
- Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills and editorial judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to light and shoot sit down, single-camera field interviews
- Ability to shoot both news and documentary style b-roll
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run five cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture and MNNHD), reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.